Friday, January 6, 2012

Wash away the attitude

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

Julius Henry "Groucho" Marx
1890-1977, Comedian and Film Star


Wow, time and time again I talk about attitude and circumstances. We have our up and down days, we can chose how we act and how we react, and sometimes it is so easy to get upset, to allow our mood, our circumstances or other people get us down in a flash, I am telling you that it is just as easy to get yourself back in the positive, shake off the "frustration", "disappointment" or "annoyance" and move on. It takes way more energy, time and aggrivation to stay "pissed" off then it does to let it go, and wash it away. Let go and enjoy the moment, because each moment you spend mad, frustrated, upset, pissed off, bummed, is a minute you lost that you could have been happy, enjoyed or missed! Think about it, then LET IT GO! Life is too short and precious to waste time. And a negative attitude however "better" you think is makes you feel is a HUGE waste of your time, because a negative attitude or outlook, doesn't change your circumstances- Only your actions can do this. And you are more likely to act and be effective, if your attitude is positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment