Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mommy Diary 3.27.12

Ah, Calgon take me away! Do they even still make Calgon? And who has time for a bath anyway????
So the potty training thing is going to be enough to drive me nuts I think, but I am the one who needs to be calm and know that you can't get frustrated, mad, upset, yell, laugh or get impatient... why? Because I don't want to discourage him from going on the potty or scare him out of it. The last week has really been pretty interesting. I will definitely spare you any details, but I will tell you this, I think that I definitely have way more patience for this then I do when my kid is crabby, whiny or clingy. I think my husband thinks I am nuts for keeping my cool, but literally my kid tells me he has to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes or so, does he go every time, absolutely not, but can I get mad at him? Absolutely not. I am thinking that even though I just got done with my special diet and lost 14 lbs and 30 inches, and am starting to count my calories every day to maintain or lose more if I can, I just may need to factor into to my caloric intake, that indulgent glass of wine! Which I can enjoy while multi-tasking, unlike the bath which just takes way too long.
You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance. ~Franklin P. Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment