Sunday, May 11, 2014

Not wrapped in a package.

The best Mother's Day gift doesn't come wrapped in a shiny package with a beautiful bow. This morning I got a cute puppy card from my son. His "Mommy" handwriting on the outside envelope, and his Paxton signature inside. With a little help from his daddy interviewing him I received a heartfelt message of why he was thankful for his Mommy. With tears in my eyes for my hubby's creativity and my son's thoughts I was Grateful for it is the most precious gift I could receive from a 4 year old. A thank you from your children comes in the words and actions of the one who calls you mom. That special person that you have created,  loved and spent countless hours giving your time to. When they smile, give back, help others, show a display of something great you taught them. That is what really matters. The package gift or momento may outlive me as a mother but the person they are the person they will become is partially because of me. As a mom(or someone who is acting as mom)  be the best example you can be- give freely- complain less- let them find themselves with your help of course - find your common ground with one another- but be greatful everyday for all they have to offer in return no matter how small. It is priceless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment