Sunday, July 20, 2014

Melted ice cream

My experience at Walmart yesterday was more than crazy.   I set out to have a successful price matching grocery shopping trip at Walmart yesterday to get ready for the week. Yes I'm one of those people. My son starts first day of kindergarten on Monday and I wanted to have all of the snacks and necessities to be prepared.  I had a huge list I also had my moms grocery list as well as some stuff I need for my business. That's already three transactions right there. All-in-one cart and definitely not as organized by the time I got to the register as when I started. Once in a while I think they definitely need bigger carts at Walmart. They have bigger carts at Home Depot why be discriminating at Walmart. Lol. 
Usually I despise shopping on a Sunday because of all the people that are there and They are normally out of stuff because their shipments coming on Monday and then I get frustrated! So I figured Saturday midmorning might be a good time. Boy was I wrong the place is crawling with people and the lines were long and atrocious. Not to mention I had ice cream in my cart. 
Don't get me wrong there are plenty of lanes open there were just a lot of people. I picked a lane that had three people in front of me. When I got in line I had an agent call on a listing that I had for details. As I was talking to him a clerk came over and asked me if I wanted to switch lanes. She took me down to 15 they said they just opened. There was one lady in front of me with very few groceries so I was happy. 
They had no dividers so I kind had to hold my stuff back so he didn't get confused and charge her for it. Remember I had three transactions! I got to the first transaction which was some ink and notecards that I could use as a business expense and pay with my business chargecard. Transaction smooth. 
As I pulled out the stuff for my mom's transaction and put it on the conveyor belt the gentleman was scanning her things- when I got to the fruit that she wanted he said "uh oh." 
Thought to myself uh oh what? Really? 
"Um ma'am our scale doesn't work for weighing the fruit." 
Definitely not what I want to do here in the middle of a transaction with a whole conveyor belt with all of my own groceries of fruits and vegetables needing to be weighed and two containers of ice cream sitting there melting.
 I had to to stop at my moms in San Tan Valley and drive to Florence where I live and guess what one minor detail I forgot to bring a cooler to keep the ice cream cold. Ah, that could be a problem when it is 104 outside. 
Yeah- I proceeded to tell the guy I wasn't getting back in a big long line and having melted ice cream and starting all over to purchase groceries, I am sure with a little irritation in my voice. 
I paid for what he rang up put the rest of the groceries from the conveyor belt back into my cart and found the manager. 
She proceeded to go to lane 15 and let the guy know that 15 was one of the ones on the alerts that they get a list saying it wasn't working. He looked at her like a deer in headlights. She seemed irritated that he opened that Register he seemed irritated that he didn't know. Communication is key people!
 There were lots of people behind me in line so they all had to get out and find new location. In the mist of all that I forgot to price match the stuff that my mom was getting that needed price matching is well. Total lost $2.58. 
The manager took me to another register where I proceeded to price match my own things and bring up the rest of my groceries- she flagged down a girl to go get new ice cream so that it was better and more frozen then what was already in my cart. Nice move. Go customer service! 
As we proceeded to get further into the transaction she realized that the debit card swiper on that particular system wasn't working. Ummm. are you kidding me? Somehow I'm being tested here. 
- i'm sure the lady thought wow is this lady going to explode or is she going to remain calm? I wasn't quite sure myself if I figured that out yet or not? Lol. I took a deep breath and dug through my purse and found a business checkbook with 1 check left.  Not that I wanted to pay for my groceries out of my business account- the last thing I wanted to do was put everything back in my cart and go to a new register for the forth time. So I made an exception. 
I said I would just pay with my business check and I can pay myself back when I get home- she looked relieved. 
She also said that I could go to customer service and get my $2.58 back from my moms transaction.  Another manager came over and authorized her to void and re-ring the transaction for my mom so that she could price match and give me the $2.58 back.  I proceeded to ask her how that would work and she told me, it seemed more complicated than it was worth and I thought it would take way too long. 
Mind you I just got new frozen ice cream-  however I was done. I just said you guys can keep your $2.58 and have a nice day.  She said are you sure? I said I hope your day gets better thanks- and walked away. 

I definitely could've blew my stack threw a fit got frustrated spoke to a manager complained complained complained. I chose right then and there to let it go.  I think that getting pissed would've taken a lot more of my energy than it was worth- and guess what shit happens! 
So next time you think you're going to get frustrated over some matter that's small or menial in the long run just ask yourself is it really worth it, or will it be better to just chalk it up to a crappy experience and move on??? You can chose. 
James 1:19. This you know my beloved, but everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger. 


No comments:

Post a Comment