Monday, April 27, 2015

Inspiring stories


Yesterday we went to the Diamondbacks game at the very end they do a spot where the kids can run the Bases to raise money for Phoenix Children's Hospital. Yesterday afternoon they featured a little boy named Cash- Who had a rare disease where he would forget to breath. Phoenix Children's Hospital was able to provide him with a breathing pacemaker. I had the pleasure of watching this little boy run the bases after the Diamondbacks game yesterday. Afterwards I met his mom Tracey! What an amazing women to have to endure watching her little boy struggle and with two other children at home  to attend to. 
I feel so blessed to have a mostly healthy child. I feel blessed to be healthy myself and able to give back to my family and my community through the charitable things I do. I may be one person and I may not be able to make a huge difference but every little thing I can do to help others I will do my best. 
This morning I had to take Paxton to the doctor for a rash he developed last night and also had a bunch of work things - an issue with the PTA I am on- all things going on at the same time - seems like everything was hitting me at once- Sometimes it is easy to get overwhelmed, frustrated and upset or lose control of my emotions- sometimes it is hard to find the appropriate balance- it is at times like this I need to remember what I am going through is no where near as demanding- upsetting or frustrating as some other people have to endure. This is when I can re focus and direct my energy to do the things that need my immediate attention and delegate or push off the things that don't. We all experience times like these where we just want to throw in the towel- hide in the closet or give up- but if we take 5 minutes to collect our thoughts regain our composure - breath deeply and then take it one step at a time from there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment