Monday, March 21, 2016

Jewelry gals

So I will have to say both my mom and I were huge fans of jewelry any kind of costume jewelry. All jewelry really but you could own way more if you bought the cheaper stuff. ADDICT may be a very strong word! But we shared the love very much! I would say in most cases we had different taste! But accumulated a lot of stuff over the years. And quite often able to share each other's. Especially when we lived together and then we lived just down the street from  one another! We even bought matching bracelets that said HOPE when she was ill. She always looked good in jewelry and always had some sort of piece that stood out. I kept a lot of her jewelry when she died some with special meanings, some we shared often, some I couldn't remember if it was mine or hers to start with... Nonetheless- I still look at and buy jewelry when I see something I really like. 
I couldn't decide if I wanted to get a tattoo of my mom's handwriting since I have one of my dad's.. I thought maybe I would turn her handwriting into a picture and put it on a pillow on my bed.. I couldn't figure out how to format the jpeg to fit in the pillow.. I sent my friend the picture to see if she could format it for me..  And kind of forgot about it... Today as an early birthday present... As she knows I am heading back "home" with my mom's ashes this weekend- she gave me this beautiful bracelet - my mom's handwriting turned into jewelry.. Not only was my mom a huge fan of jewelry I can now wear her writing on my wrist whenever I want to remind me of how much she was and still is my biggest fan... Even from Heaven.. I try not to get too mushy but I am so grateful for the people I have in my life to remind me just how much I am loved every day by many. That my mom will continue to impact my everyday life in many ways... And that she above all taught me how to love...


1 comment:

  1. Where did she get this made? I would like to make for my mother for Mother's Day. As her mom recently passed too.

    ReplyDelete