Saturday, November 23, 2019

I saw this posted the other day and it made me think wow that is profound. As I climbed in my attic to get down all the Christmas stuff this morning I wrangled up my hubby to help. Normally I do this when he isn’t home and only ask help for a few big things I can’t handle like the tree box. But thought this could go a lot quicker with some help! 
As he stood below the stairs while I continuously handed down items, boxes, big containers, wreath bags, multiple trees, etc. He probably thought it was never ending.. WTF.. 
His patience was impeccable and never once did he complain or tell me I had accumulated too much stuff. He asked once how many more and I immediately flashed back to my mom and how many things she had and decorated for Christmas. When i was frowning up our house was always decked out! In and out and she loved to decorate, make wreaths and centerpieces and everything always seemed right with the world when she was decorating and we got to enjoy it! 
 Some people may think it is overload. I had my own stuff when she died, I inherited some of her stuff and gave a lot away because I just didn’t have places to put it and I was also rushed to get her home packed up and moved, I made a lot of quick choices when deciding what to keep, sell or give away. Some things I probably should have kept but they were just things. 
The best things I kept where not physical things at all but the gift and inheritance I see in myself is her LOVE of Christmas and what it represents. One may think some of us go overboard on the decorating bit! I think differently.
I feel this decorating “obsession” represents the JOY of the Season. The LOVE of Christmas and symbolizes Happiness, Thankfulness, Gratitude and puts us in a mood of Cheer! What better trait to inherit from someone I love who has left this world for a better place than the Love and Appreciation of Christmas and our Lord and Savior who gave his life with Mercy and Grace so that when we pass from this world we have Eternal Life in Heaven with him and all those who went before us! Merry Christmas! Choose Joy, Create Happiness and Spread Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment