Saturday, August 6, 2011

Closing Doors

Over the past three weeks I have been confronted with a few different situations that have made me question some of the things in my life.I have had the chance to reflect on what is good and let go of the unnecessary. To appreciate the blessings and forgive and forget any hurt.
My life can sometimes be an emotional roller coaster ride. The saying goes, "when one door closes another one opens." Sometimes I think I stare at that closed door so much trying to figure out where I went wrong, what made me lose that opportunity, what did I do to push it away or no longer deserve it? Was it really me, was it something I did or was it just no longer the journey I needed to take? Sometimes these things if they do make since at some later point in life aren't revealed to us immediately, if ever. Is the lost opportunity a lesson or an opportunity for something better?
I don't want to miss the new door that opens, but when opportunities come along you have the choice to take them or to say no. How do you know what the right choice is? Are you afraid of making too many wrong choices trying to get to the right choice, sometimes I am. This can be a very scary thing. The fear can take over and push you right back down.
I need to listen to my heart and go with the choices that make me feel the best, and except that they may not always be the right ones, but if I don't jump out there and put myself on the line, I may never know. If I fail, I can pick myself up, dust myself off, seek the comfort of my family and friends who believe in me no matter whether I fail or not. I need to have the confidence in my self and my abilities and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment