Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'll do my best

Paxton woke up in the middle of the night so I was up for a little while and had crazy dreams that startled me awake several times, I didn’t sleep very well and I woke up this morning to roll over and realize I forgot to turn on my alarm, so not in enough time to work out, I went back to sleep for a little bit (about 10 mins) and then got out of bed, I stubbed my toe on my way in the closet (my little toe on the hamper), had nothing to pack for lunch ready because I didn’t prepare the night before, grabbed a can of tuna and some mayo, jammed a paper in my scanner trying to get the last of the required paperwork in for our land judgment, and didn’t have time to resend it, got in the car and heard that silly noise again that I took my car in to get fixed just last week and spent $986 dollars already, got on the freeway to a back up determined not to be late for work, called my mom on the way and prayed for the day ahead together, I got to work to an empty desk of a co-worker who was let go the day before, and another 10 voice mails on top of the 21 I had yesterday.

I said to myself, I have two choices today, I can be in a good mood or a bad mood, I can chose to whine about my circumstances or adapt to them, I can be grateful that I have a house to live in, food to eat, a job to go to, and a car to drive.

I can go about my day with a positive attitude, bring cheer to others and make a difference. I cannot control the way others think, act or perform, but I can control me and I can control how I model my behavior, actions and performance. I may not be able to always control my circumstances, but I CAN control how I choose to deal with them.



Go out today and do your best, be your best and give it 100% no one can ask more of you if you are genuine, sincere and honest and you put your best foot forward, and at the end of the day if it is not somehow good enough in another’s eyes, at least you can be rest assured in knowing you gave it your all. And be satisfied with yourself that you had a plan and a purpose and you carried it through to the best of your ability for that day, and that tomorrow is a new day to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment