Monday, November 7, 2011

anxiety

So you know you are a mother when.... I am leaving on a business trip tomorrow, I am not so much sad to leave ( I am) but I am anxious about the possibilities. Nervous that if I am not home and something happens and I am hours and hours away that I won't know what to do. Aren't I the one who is constantly telling others not to worry so much about things that may never happen. It exhausts energy and diminishes chances of actually enjoying yourself, instead of living in the moment, you are living in a future of things that may never come. It is really sad, but I think that we all tend to get trapped by this from time to time. The best thing is to recognize it. You need to catch yourself in the midst of the negative thoughts and anxieties and reflect on the here and now and what is happening around you. Soak in the good, the beautiful and the blessings that you have, look forward to the positive future and know that even sometimes preparing for the worst, really doesn't prepare you at all, especially if it never comes true.
Take heart in knowing that there are some things in life you cannot prevent, be at peace with knowing that you can only stretch so far if you give it all you got.

No comments:

Post a Comment