Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Turn of events

Sometimes no matter how hard you try and plan for your day to go one little switch and your whole day can go another way. I set out this morning to do a little work helping my mom in her closet then my plan was to do paperwork, BPO's, look up houses for people and follow up with banks on short sales, while taking breaks to do laundry and put away stuff from our weekend trip.
1 text changed that all. I dropped what I had planned to show a couple houses for rent over an hour from my home. Neither were a winner in his mind, but a blessing in disguise in mine.
Life is about making money to live on to have what you need and want, but it is also about making the most of your time and energy and today I was grateful that mine including stopping to spend a little time and bringing a little sunshine to a friend in the hospital. And knowing that whether it was a big or little impact making it is important because we never truly know how much time we have left.
Today i count my blessings for my life, my health and my happiness that i am in control of creating every day, because we truly create our own happiness in the midst of tragedy, or disaster. We chose our reaction.
2 situations, one that involved a previous Broker's niece and fellow Realtor's son who were killed in a car crash this past weekend at the young age of 22 and another a friend of friend who himself, wife and 1 month old baby girl were struck by a car walking through an intersection this morning (all still alive but with multiple injuries.) -remind me that when I am gone no one will remember me for how clean my house was, whether I got all my laundry done, if I got everything done on my list but they will remember my attitude, my smile and how I impacted their life.
So i believe today I accomplished my goal, whether I crossed a single thing from my list or not. And if tomorrow never comes would i rather have know the last dish was clean or that I spent it with the family and friends that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment