Friday, April 14, 2017

Good Friday Relfection Change your Happiness Level

For years I have said to my son, adjust your attitude. I am a rather positive person and when he talks to me in a whiny or negative attitude voice it makes my skin crawl. Nothing can get Momma more upset that this. His crappy demeanor can change my attitude on a dime! Should it? Absolutely not, do I have control over anyone else's attitude but me? Nope... however, as a mom, and I human you better believe I can make suggestions! How people act and react to their situation that are around me, does often play into my attitude as well...I strive not to let my circumstances get me down, but sometimes they just do. Do I forgive, forget and move on quickly? You bet I do it is my nature, but sometimes I allow my reactions to take control of me! I AM the creator of my experience. I can choose inner peace at anytime. I should harness my energy to my advantage and to make a positive impact on others. In the midst of any horrible circumstances, challenging days and upsetting occurrences... I am always looking to find a positive spin on things. In the last few days when I have went to tell my son to "adjust his attitude" I have caught myself and stated, "Change your Happiness Level" for me this has a more positive connotation then what I was previously saying to him, and I believe his reaction to it is less negative. The same may be said for today, "Good Friday"- how would it be viewed if it was called "death friday" or "tragic friday" or something of that nature... what would our attitudes reflect about the day? It is called Good Friday for a reason... As I reflect on today being Good Friday, a sacred Holy Day people probably ask themselves... Why in the heck, if Jesus died do they call it "Good" Friday? What could possibly be good about the death of someone? The term "Good" as applied to Good Friday is an Old English expression meaning holy. It's also often called Holy Friday. From another aspect, Good Friday is always tied to Easter Sunday, which is a joyful celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. He could not have been resurrected if he had not died first. Sometimes we just need to change our perspective and change our happiness level to balance out our negative interpretation of something. Luke 23:44-47 NIV The Death of Jesus 44 It was now about noon, and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon, 45 for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. 46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last. 47 The centurion, seeing what had happened, praised God and said, “Surely this was a righteous man.”

No comments:

Post a Comment