Thursday, December 10, 2020

Flip your switch

 


When you are in the middle of trying to right a wrong and get struck with about 3-5 others things that just aren't quite going "right" in your mind of what should be happening, it is easy to get discouraged and go deeper down the everything is going wrong today, what could possibly go right you might be asking yourself... and ultimately you need to stop what you are doing,  flip your switchadjust your mindset and re-start your day, even if you are in the middle of it! 

It is doing no one any good especially you to spiral down that negative path it can be destructive to you, your family or anyone that meets your path that day. Think of all the positive things you can accomplish when you stop and take a few moments to reset your attitude, think of what you are truly grateful for, pray for patience, strength or comfort and focus on all the good things that could happen if you were not focused on the bad things that have happened, I guarantee there are more things good than bad in any given day if you took the time to recall them.

I had that morning! Up early, mind racing, figuring out how to "fix something" I didn't do, or make up for it... and my negativity spiraled into quite a few more negative things. Wallowing in a little bit of poor me self pity wasn't really the best thing to do... however, I am human definitely not perfect and it happens to the best of us! Before taking Paxton to school I read my woman's daily devotion at the exact time I needed to and on the way to school, we stopped, thanked God for our blessings and readjusted our mindsets to spring toward a positive day verses spiraling down a negative one. We can't always control other peoples reactions we are only responsible for our own. And I will tell you mid-morning, the day is definitely heading more in the right direction.

Pessimism is an investment in nothing. Optimism is an investment in hope. - Author Unknown 


No comments:

Post a Comment