Monday, December 7, 2020

I can't be good at everything.




 I know in the last week or so I wrote about how I just have to come to terms with not being able to be everyone's cup of tea... not everyone has to like me and I am ok with that, took me awhile but I think I am warming up to the idea. 

Talking with a client last week she was honest but disappointed in her family's ability to help other family members out like they should. I remember she said it was like pulling teeth. My advice to her was that it is OK, it isn't everyone's strong point and that I was sure they excelled at other things in life. When I said that to her it reminded me that I am not meant to be good at everything, none of us are. We need to find what we are good at and give it 100%! Give yourself and others around you grace for the things that you and they are not good at. They may be good at what you are not and vice versa! 

The next time you are quick to judge yourself or someone else for your faults, point out the things that you or they are good at and concentrate on those, it could make all the difference. 


Choose, everyday to forgive yourself. You are human, flawed and most of all worthy of love.

 -Alison Malee


No comments:

Post a Comment