Thursday, May 27, 2021

Oh, girl, your heart is looking fabulous today.



FATE... you may or may not believe in it, you may call it something else? You may believe God has a hand in how things come together for you or you may not... whatever it is that you choose to accept, there is some sort of universal power that align the stars for you at certain points in your life. Whether you are working toward a goal or not and whether what you are working for turns up in some unexpected way. 
I put this saying up on my bathroom mirror a few weeks ago.
" Live life as if everything is rigged in your favor." RUMI
This was just after I put in 4 offers for 4 different clients over the course of one weekend and not a single one of them got the house they would have liked to have purchased to call HOME. I was saddened by the fact that I didn't really have control over this situation. I am a good negotiator don't get me wrong, but I really only can work with what they have to offer and that is beyond my control!
I have read it every time I have walked into the bathroom since. 
Recently I found myself in the right place at the right time or it was just meant to be. I have been really soul searching the last few months including  reading books on how to grow, talking to former coaches and people who I look up to in my industry to figure out what my next steps would be to amp up my potential- outside of just selling properties. (coaching, getting my broker's license, building a small team, doing something on the side completely outside of my industry.) 
I have explored different things besides just selling real estate to give myself that competitive edge or that credibility in my industry. I have goals for the end of the year that I have written down based on the last several books I have read by wonderful woman authors such as Dana Perino, Cara Alwill Leyba and Lydia Fenet. All of these woman have learned something valuable before writing their books, you will get farther when you have true confidence in yourself. I am not talking about a huge ego here, there is a difference. I have always thought I was good at what I do, but sometimes my inner humbleness takes over and it is hard for me to bleed that confidence like I should for all the I have went through to be able to display it proudly and without a doubt I live up to it! Our goals and expectations of ourselves are always going to be different from one person to the next and our ideas of success will be measured accordingly, therefore I will spare you the details at this time.
I happen to be shopping at Safeway at the same time someone with an opportunity was there and although it took several phone calls, a two hour meeting, opinions of those closest to me and lots of prayers, I decided that this was the change I had been looking for, the opportunity to grow and flourish that I was craving over the last few months all tied up in a pretty little bow. And if for some reason it isn't- I will be a better person for taking the chance to find out. 
Should I be afraid to fail, worried or uncertain... Absolutely not, because when and if I fail it will always be forward. The things we accept in life as part of our journey and steps to be the greatest us always teach us in someway- those things that work or don't work out, set us up for our future, shape us into our older being and mold us for the future. It is us who chooses what we do with the knowledge we take in, the mistakes we make or the circumstances that we encounter. 
Choose to make everything work in your favor. Believe that you can do whatever you set your mind to and don't be afraid to take a chance or fail at something. Those who never fail, never tried. 
My daily inspiration today said:
I'm imagining a car pulling up to the curb.
You step out of it, confidently
placing your feet on the red carpet of God's plan for you.
I wave wildly, snap a picture, 
and smile from deep inside. 
Oh, girl, your heart is looking fabulous today.

No comments:

Post a Comment