Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Falling Leaves

 


Failure is inevitable. 

At least you tried  


Denzel Washington said: “If you don't fail, you're not even trying.”


This is so true. So many people don’t take risks. They will never know how good it could be without trying. 


Alan Cohen said . But failure and regret exist only at the shallowest level of appearances. What seems to be a dead end sign is an arrow pointing you in another direction. The universe is saying, “This is not it. There is a better direction for you. Go that way and you will find what you are looking for.” No movement in life is wasted. It all has a purpose. You just have to know how to read the signs.


You might try a bunch of different things before you find the right path, passion or purpose for your life. 


It is good to keep changing your mind, It shows you are thinking. I’ll only stop when I am dead. And maybe not even then. John Marsden

Never feel shame for trying and failing, for he who never failed is he who never tried.”  Og Mandino


I am sure you are thinking what in the world is she quoting on about. 


Last night we watched Ford vs Ferrari. This reminded me of a great quote from Henry Ford, if you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got. 


Some times you have to try new things, take the risk, and don't be afraid to fail. That doesn't mean you won't but you can always try again or alter what you are doing. 


From life experiences I am sure you know that change can sometimes be temporary it isn’t always meant to be permanent. You can go with the often overused quote that everything happens for a reason, I think that for everything you go through you can always find something to learn about or find a positive in. That is just my opinion and how I chose to live my life. I’m not a believer in anything being a waste of my time. 


Sometimes things annoy me, set me back or frustrate me as to why it even occurred in the first place- but I just think what future thing might it affect I am currently unaware of, or how it gave me greater patience, or a better sense of gratitude? 


I remember when I was a kid choking on green peppers my mom was chopping up for something, getting a bone stuck in my throat eating perch one year for my family’s Christmas Eve dinner. Thinking that olives were just gross and not even trying them until I dated a guy my senior year in high school whose mom made us pizza for dinner one night and I was too embarrassed to pick them off in front of them, I ate them and actually liked them. Now I actually love olives- like all kinds of them. The Olive Mill in Queen Creek is one of the best places to try different kinds if you want to experience their essence - and olive olive is one of the healthiest oils you can use. I didn’t eat green peppers or perch for years but now I can.  You will never know if you like something until you try it. 


Why am I telling you this. Analogies, I love analogies. Life is all about relating to something to get a better understanding and perspective. 

We have the free will to change our mind about something as often as we need to. 


I have learned over the years that externally pleasing everyone else can sometimes be a detriment to our selves. Helping others and seeing others happy can bring true joy- I do believe my purpose in life is to serve others- however when we start making decisions or doing things based off of what we think others expect of us and it starts to make us lose our inner peace or steals our happiness we need to rethink our decisions and reinvest in ourselves over that of other people. And you must recognize the difference between being selfish and taking care of yourself so you can be happy, healthy and prepared to help others.  


I knew in my heart the day Paxton chose to change schools that he wouldn’t stay there. I have expressed in my blogs before that I do often get intuition about certain things when I am tuned in. He needed to have his fresh start but I didn’t know how long it would last. Sometimes a fresh start is exactly what someone needs to escape their current situation or to end something that is no longer meant for them, it is time to move forward and be happy somewhere else. Sometimes that fresh start is only meant to remind you how good your previous situation was and allow you to return with peace and enlightened gratitude that you are where you are suppose to be. 


Do I think him switching schools when he did was right for him? You bet and definitely at the right time. I had a few people tell me if I let him switch I should make it clear he couldn’t be going back and forth every-time he was unhappy. I let their words in one ear and out the other. No one knows how to live my life better than I do, even when I make mistakes. And I am okay that he wants to go back. 


Nothing in life is permanent. A lot of things we experience on our journey are trial and error. I don’t believe for a second letting him switch schools again is teaching him to run away from his problems or that it is okay to quit all the time when things don’t go your way but I am teaching him how to respond appropriately to negative situations, remove himself from toxic ones, how to cope with all the less than desirable moments and situations life hands him, how to strive to be better than he was yesterday and how to keep his faith and remain grateful through it all. 



In every change, in every falling leaf there is some pain, some beauty. And that’s the way new leaves grow.”
— Amit Ray


Fall teaches us that it is okay to start all over again, again and again. - dani rae


Embrace your life, every minute of it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment