Tuesday, October 4, 2011

calm and collected

So I don't know how many people have vision boards, but I did one about 5 years ago and put lots of clippings, pictures and things that aspired to, wanted or wished for on it. It is about 16x20 so pretty big. I had it hanging in my office until we built it in and there was no place for it to hang, so I hung it above the closet doors in the spare bedroom where I work out. I first got the idea from the movie The Secret and since have heard a lot about these vision boards, there are plenty of things on it that have come true, my mountain bike, my little boy and my published book baring my name- and some that I am still waiting and hoping for. The concept is pretty simple, what you put out there in the universe you will get back. So just remember that goes for good and bad things, if you are constantly saying you are late, you are late, if you constantly say you have bad luck more bad luck will come your way, if you truly believe that good things will happen to you, they will.
Anyway enough about that. My day yesterday had a few things that I thought worth mentioning in my words, however last night I was truly drained when it was finally time to go to bed, and I did just that, went to bed, so the computer did not get my words.
The one thing that did happen to me after about a year of struggle and worry was resolved and I was extremely grateful and relieved when the worry, turned problem, turned obstacle, turned burden was somehow not of too much concern for me anymore, I wished for the positive outcome, I envisioned the positive outcome and even though it took what seeemed like forever and caused some problems along the way, and although it wasn't exactly as I would have had it, it turned out to work out in my favor nonetheless.
When I got home from work I needed to grab something out of the spare room and when I walked in lying smack dab in the middle of the floor was a magazine clipping of the words "Calm and Collected". It was hanging above a picture of my dream tub (this is funny for me to say, since I really never take baths, that I have a dream tub) on my vision board.
The fan was on high so I am sure that is exactly why this clipping fell off the board, however, out of all the things on this over sized board to fall off, this wording was exactly what I was feeling at that moment and time. Was it a sign that I could move on and put my past issue behind me, that that chapter- that door was finally closed and I could spend more time looking toward the future of good things to come? I don't know, but I sure hope so.
For those of you who know me well, I am generally a positive person, I look for the good even in the most difficult or bad situations. That is how I keep my faith, my hope and my belief in myself and my goals and dreams. That is how I wake up every morning knowing that I am here on earth for a purpose and that I can brighten someone elses day and serve people.
I am grateful for the blessings I receive, for my family and loved ones who support and comfort me.
Count your blessings, instead of your crosses. count your gains instead of your losses. Count the yes's, instead of the no's. count your friends instead of your foes. Count your full years, instead of your lean. Count your health, instead of your wealth, and count on God instead of yourself. - Author unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment