Sunday, October 2, 2011

calm

So my new goal for this week is going to remain calm. I tried this a few days, no matter what happened to me I took a breath and counted to 5 and remained calm. Because really what does getting upset do? What does yelling do? What does bitching about the situation really do? In my opinion, NOTHING, it doesn't change it, it doesn't erase your circumstances, it doesn't stop time or allow you to go back and change the course of events, it doesn't do anything but temporarily make you feel slightly better and yet at the same time overwhelmed and you exert a lot of energy in the process. I think that if a situation is happening that is really beyond my control, I must face it head on and just deal. In many situations I feel like I am spending half of my day sometimes following up on things that other people say they are going to do. No matter who or what. For example someone from a bank or insurance company who is "checking" into your claim, and 3 days later after hearing nothing you have to follow up. But you know what, I may as well call and follow up because frankly I am the one seeking the answer and I guess instead of bitching about what someone didn't do to inform me of something, I might as well just find out.
So onto my new calmness for the week. Hopefully I can stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment