Monday, October 17, 2011

Women, Do me a favor today!

When you get pushed and pushed and pushed so far that sometimes you just want to throw your hands up and yell "ENOUGH ALREADY" can I catch a break? Can we get ahead? What is my lesson I am learning here? What is my next step?
I am still a firm believer in that yellow sticky note on my bathroom mirror, pointing me in the right direction, I promise I won't even tell anyone I found it. I know, I know that takes everything out of the fact that we have choices in life, we can choose what it is that we do, what our attitude will be and how we will face any circumstances, doubt, actions of others and so on. But sometimes, the circumstances, they SUCK, I'm just saying.
Sometimes I think we feel like we are the only ones that have certain circumstances and that we are the only ones experiencing the set backs, struggles and demands of life, but I think we would be surprised that even the people we think have it all put together or the ones who seem like they can juggle 27 projects in one day are also experiencing the struggles, they just hide it better than we do.
As a women, a mom, a wife and a daughter; academic counselor, Realtor, Scentsy consultant and children's author and the plethora of other titles that I am sure I hold, I know that life's demands can take a huge toll on our spirituality, health, mood, relationships and much more.
As a woman who strives to be perfect and multitask like many of us do, I have to keep reminding myself every day that I AM NOT PERFECT, say it with me, I AM NOT PERFECT! When we expect this from ourselves, people around us start expecting it as well. It is like the old principal saying- Under promise and over deliver, they will all be impressed. Over promise and fall short, the disappointment will follow- Don't do so much or promise so much (even with the best intentions) because you are not only going to set yourself up for disappointment, you will train others around you to be disappointed as well.
So today do me a big favor - look at yourself in the mirror and say I AM NOT PERFECT! I like me for who I am and what I can do, I will do my best today to be the best ME I can be, to not compare myself to others; their looks, abilities or financial situations. God made me unique and I will use my talents, abilities and strengths not only to be the best ME, but to lead others by my example, and I will expect no one else to be perfect either, I will love and forgive and cherish every moment of this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment