Wednesday, May 30, 2012

simple pleasures

The little things, yes the little things really mean more to me than a lot of the big things combined. It is in the little things that I find peace, content, happiness, joy and pleasure. One big thing can sure make me happy but it doesn't seem to linger as long as the things that others do to make my day all that more amazing, my job easier, my encounters more pleasant. The other day I went grocery shopping and came home and the laundry had been started, I didn't even have to ask. To a man it may seem like no big deal, and sometimes it is far better to respond with a simple thank you than make it an embarrassing production how impressed you are by his grand gesture, (because to him it is not a grand gesture)!
I have started to keep a little gratitude journal in my purse where I will write down little things that I am grateful for every day, quotes that I hear and like, books I want to read and songs that I want to look up the words because they truly have great meanings! A little book for me to keep my thoughts and recollect all the beautiful blessings in my life. Gratitude and Attitude speak volumes. I think the more grateful you are for what you already have, the more likely you will be to come into more abundance. I want to be a patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle and self-controlled woman. One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment