Monday, December 3, 2012

plan, purpose, passion

This week is a new week. I am going to work on my schedule that I made for myself during the week from my mastermind group at the office and concentrate on finishing each task as I am doing it. My biggest struggle while multi-tasking or having the ability to work from home, I tend to jump from one project to another without finishing the first, I allow interruptions, because somehow in my mind I feel like if I take care of it on the spot, it won't have to go on a list for later and people will appreciate me being on top of it.  I think this is hurting rather than helping me fit as many things into a day that I can, because I never fully finish what I am doing to jump to the next thing and I have to go back to it anyway. So I am going to take each task and do it unless an emergency arises.
I often listen to other agents/lenders voicemails that return calls within 24 hours or certain times of the day and thought to myself, how do they get any business this way. Most of my clients want service the minute they call/text or email. I put myself in their shoes, I want what I want when I want it or I get anxious sometimes. But maybe this isn't the best way to give service if I am not fully committed to what is at hand because I have several projects going on in my head or on my desk.
  So for those of you that are used to me answering on the first ring, texting back right away or emailing you the minute a question arises, my purpose this week is to help each person fully, finish each job/task/project at one time if possible and to see if I can't get just a little more done on my list that I intended and thought I could. I am going to work toward allowing myself more peace knowing that I cannot control every thing that comes my way, the issue/problem/question will probably still be there in 30 minutes when I am done with whatever I am working on. That I can do my best, but give my efforts to making the most of my time. With a plan, with a purpose and with passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment