Monday, April 29, 2013

10,080 minutes Your Week Starts NOW

Did you know statistics show that the tone for your day is often determined in the first 5 minutes after waking up? Wow, this is almost ridiculous, that we can allow the first 5 minutes to set the rest of our mood for the day consisting of another 1435 minutes! I have been told over and over that I control my attitude, but not always my circumstances. My attitude and how I look at those circumstances is in my total control. Why would I allow those first 5 minutes to control me when I should be in control of how I react to my day, the mood and tone I set and how I treat other people! Too many of us rely on what happened in the past and our worry for the future to dictate how we are acting NOW! Lou Holtz lives by the phrase WIN!- " What's Important NOW!" From all the books I have read and all the speakers I have listened to, this is really a great concept to live by. They say yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift that is why it is called a present! ALICE MORSE EARLE So do what you can NOW to take what God has given you to utilize your strengths, minimize your weaknesses and enjoy life's blessings no matter how small when you can, because things don't last forever. Start your week on a positive note and when those first 5 minutes happen where something is out of your control or negativity creeps in- remember to push it away or pick yourself up and keep going. There is NO way 5 minutes should dictate the next 1435 minutes of your day or the next 10075 minutes in your week! MAKE it a good one, don't wait for something good to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment