Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sparkle

As I continue to receive updates regarding my friend's cancer that has crept back into her life after almost 4 years free- a mom of two beautiful girls, a wife to a very loving supportive husband, a daughter, a sister, a friend, I feel like I have to HOPE for my future by living in my present. By enjoying what I have and what I am blessed with every single day. Disaster, depression, disease, anxiety, worry, death and grief can come into our lives quicker than we can blink an eye. They say that troubles in our lives can come and go. It is how we chose to deal with those troubles not the troubles themselves that really define us as a person. Trouble is a tunnel through which we pass and not a brick wall against which we must break our heads. - Claire Weeks Yesterday marked the 23rd year anniversary of the death of my best friend growing up of 10 years. We grew up across the street from one another, inseparable at times. She was diagnosed with brain cancer at a very young age. I always looked at her as a great example of a fearless person. Even though I never knew what was truly going on inside her as we were so young. She died at only 10. Looking back she was just so full of life, of love of compassion for others. Her silliness, happiness and lack of complaining even though she struggled every day to hang onto her life, shows me that through the little hiccups in my life I must keep going, I must be positive and I must carry on her legacy of touching others in a positive way every day. Count your blessings, be aware of the good stuff in your life. Let the frustrations, little burdens and unwanted actions of others, pass you by. Make an effort to see the upside of any and every unwanted situation and try to turn it around to be positive, don't compare your life to others, you never know what is going on behind closed doors, practice acts of kindness not only toward friends but complete strangers, a simple smile can go a long way. Don't take your loved ones for granted, they may not be here tomorrow, Stay active, be engaged, do things that make you happy. Savor life, write things down, take pictures. Make goals, take steps, commit and pursue them. Forgive others, let go of hurts, put the past behind you. Find something funny to laugh at every day, laughter is good medicine, laughter heals, laughter brings people together. God blesses the people who patiently endure testing, Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. - James 1:12 NLT Dear God, help me to focus on you when I struggle, help me to remember to stop and pray for my blessings and to know that anything I am faced with is little compared to what others may be going through and that with your help I will maintain stamina and move on past my fears, my temptations and my fits. Help me to Sparkle and be an example to others of what a strong, happy and positive person can overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment