Thursday, January 30, 2014

When in doubt LOOK UP!

The past few weeks have been a little overwhelming for me, hectic to say the least. I will spare you all the details of what has been going on, some good, some not so good and some really frustrating moments. This is when I start to have an inner struggle and things come out in frustration that may hurt others, because I am on overload, I may start to become UNGLUED! Not even thinking about what it is I say or how I react is sometimes a problem for me. I try as I might to carry the weight of my family, life and the all my clients on my shoulders. This I know that I shouldn't do but sometimes it is so hard to allow myself this forgiveness for not being able to do or get to everything. Sometimes I get an idea in my head and want what I want when I want it. I have lived in my home almost 12 years and trying to change or spruce up rooms without having to completely re-do the whole thing for mostly a time and cost effective reason... I decided the rug in our family room is in need of a big fat dumpster. Even after multiple cleanings with two big dogs and a kid it has seen better days! I have been looking for several months and finally decided to go to a store where some friends of ours said they got a real good deal on a rug. I had a hour to waste in between clients a few days ago so I went to check out their goods. I took several pictures of rugs and brought them home to show Steve. We picked one out. I went the next day in between appointments again. Unfortunately the one I set my heart on was out of stock and not available until March. SERIOUSLY! March? I NEED it before Sunday's Super Bowl party. With limited time the salesman and I looked through several other rugs and I picked out a couple more. I was leaning more toward one than another however I wanted to again check with Steve. I also bought flowers and a picture at Hobby Lobby to go with my new rug, that I could not have! Too funny! But the other two rugs did have some of the same colors. When I got home I knew I had a vase for the new flowers, which I wanted to arrange right away- Remember, I am creating my own sense of urgency which is just causing me more frustration! And the vase which of course I could NOT find. Really, go figure, because I wanted it right now! Needless to say I did get frustrated but had to leave to go to another appointment. After getting in a heated argument with my mom over something I honestly today can't remember, sometimes we do that. I am glad I have her to vent, forgive and forget. However, I probably should practice asking for permission to vent first which just properly sets her up for my rant because I doubt she would ever tell me NO she doesn't have time to listen. It is just the polite thing to do. Anyhow.. after a long day of frustration, closings, errands, multiple people pulling me in different directions, not feeling that I got to everything that I needed to, feeling guilty about not being home 3 nights in a row for dinner... I made it to bed allowing myself to realize that tomorrow is a great day to start again. When I woke up this morning I read my bible and daily devotional... (hmmm which I did not do the morning before), headed to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee I went to the pantry to shut the door which had been opened and there in the corner of the very top shelf was the vase that I had been looking for. My advise for you today is to be patient if you don't get what you want right when you want it, they may be a lesson in progress, WHEN IN DOUBT- LOOK UP! God blesses the people who patiently endure testing, afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. - James 1:12 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment