Friday, January 1, 2021

Reflect and Look Forward



Reflecting back 2020 was a year of oddities,  personal growth, discoveries, limitations and Success. I am truly blessed that my husband and I were both considered essential workers and continued to provide for our family, when this pandemic affected many people out there in different ways. In our blessings we were able to help others when God called us to. We watched so many people struggle others affected by heartache and tragedy. My heart truly went out to so many. I couldn’t financially help everyone but we did pray for them, offer words of encouragement or help of our time. 

I can probably say in my almost 20 years of practicing real estate I had the most challenging but best year of my career! And even though I can say it was reflected in the amount of money I made it was more important to me the amount of people I helped.  I feel like when you honestly can say you love what you do it comes more naturally and serving others always to seems to be my goal. 

Speaking of goals I know a lot of people when they move from year to year in real estate want to increase their money but also in most cases decrease the amount of sales they have by increasing the sales price they are servicing. When in actuality yes that seems like the smarter way to do business - sell less make more by selling homes with larger price tags. “Work smarter not harder”they say!

When I wake up in the morning my goal is to help the people that God sends my way whether that is 10 or 45, whether it makes me money or it does not...if I truly give my business to Him and take care of others I will truly be taken care of. 

I am not a huge planner I think maybe my past has a lot to do with that. Disappointments coming my way things happening at the last minute losing so many people close to me at a young age there are reasons why sometimes for me spontaneity is the best. I’m not saying I don’t have goals or plans I just try to be flexible and almost everything that I do.  Things happen beyond our control on a regular basis. I learned a few eye opening things about my health and stress this year that I will continue to work on in 2021.  I learned a lot about leverage and saying no. I will continue to strive to help others the way that God sees fit I will practice what I think I did best in 2020 which was say no even when I felt like I should say yes. I feel like this was my best accomplishment. Leverage was up there as well, instead of trying to do everything myself, I did the things I am most good at and paid others to do the things I am not.  There were quite a few things that being the people pleaser that I am that I wanted to take on a new project or suggestion for things that someone thought I might be good at but personally this year I considered high stress and health levels and said NO to more things than I could’ve ever imagined and I honestly don’t feel guilty about it. You cannot take care of others if you aren’t first taking care of yourself! 

As I continue into 2021 I am looking forward to doing what I can to help those in need, to be a better form of myself striving to be the best mother and wife that I can and continuing to grow personally and professionally and spiritually. And in short those are my goals. I may have not attended a goalsetting class, a two day retreat, or a getaway on my own to really plan my year. But I wrote them down and will reflect on the future ahead day by day doing what I do best and accepting things that I am not good at and knowing my limitations and stress factors, eliminating what is unnecessary and continuing to put God, my self and my family first creating a balance that will be a better me. 

I look forward to blogging more and share my reflections to help others who may be going through similar situations experience hope and encouraging when I can. 

Walk by faith..  2 Corinthians 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment