Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Learn to laugh at yourself

 


So I need to experience things to have blog content right? I am convinced, or so I tell myself that is why somewhat crazy shit happens to me. Or maybe it happens to everyone, I don't know. 

 Last time we scheduled to go on this trip, there were a bunch of little things not going right that caused the already anxiety I had of leaving as well as not 1 person to stay the whole time for our animals, as a recap we ended up cancelling our trip plans in March at 9:30 at night the day before we were to get on the plane. I had been uneasy all week and when Paxton finally admitted to me that he wasn’t feeling right about it either, my intuition, the holy spirit or gut feeling whatever you call it told me no, don’t go.

We rescheduled our trip for this week. Both of us checked with each other several times during this last week and neither one of us had the uneasy feelings that we had the last time. There were a few things that happened at home last week that made me question our trip but didn’t make me feel uneasy or willing to cancel again. We found lovely people to watch our animals for the whole time, and most of our neighbors would be home to just “be around.” So I was content, and actually excited to go “home” after 2 ½ years and see all my family. This time we were ready.

Funny story at the airport, cause again my life wouldn’t be complete without being shaken up a little, as to not inconvenience anyone to get us to the airport at 5:00 AM, I decided to just drive and park. We got to the airport at sunrise and got a great parking spot, a little walk to the tram and we were at the airport ready to go ahead of schedule. Picture this: The security line was a tad long so we waited and walked through the line, until we were two people back from actually having ids and boarding passes checked to go through the scanners when it just hit me like a ton of bricks and I realized and looked at Paxton… we didn’t check our bags, SERIOUSLY, I waited inline for 15-20 mins…I can’t even imagine what people were thinking and not saying as we weaved our way through the line around us, we got a few looks, but honestly Paxton was wearing an I Heart Hot Moms shirt, so in my mind I just assumed we were being judged, LOL! I am sure I will never see any of these people again so I didn't really let it bother me. 

Why in the heck did I forget such a major detail in my traveling -checking bags! I can say it was early in the morning, I normally travel with other adults or I get dropped off at the baggage level, but I will just admit apparently sometimes I am a crazy hot mess and you know what that is ok, it is ok to not be ok all the time and to admit I am not perfect! , We have traveled so many times I just couldn’t even fathom how I forgot this.  I literally laughed out loud… we had to get out of line, go downstairs and check our bags… I have absolutely no idea what I was thinking or that I could get through security with large suitcases, especially the 40lb one of fishing equipment… but somehow it happened.  Luckily the getting back in the line was quick and we had no issues getting on the plane. Thank God for small blessings.

The first night was amazing, family, fun, laughs, the best pizza ever, card games and great conversations. Glad to be able to get to see family and spend some quality time relaxing, refreshing my soul and rejuvenating my mind just to wake up to a rental car that leaked transmission fluid all over my aunt and uncle’s new house driveway overnight. Really, in the back of my mind I seriously thought to myself can I catch a break!  

After almost 3 hours today on the phone with the rental car company, getting the broken rental car taken away to be fixed and a new car to have for the duration of our trip, 2 glasses of wine later ( no judging it is 2 hours later here than AZ), a great lunch made by my uncle, the sounds of a soothing waterfall, and view of a gorgeous koi pond, good family, conversation and laughter I have to always remember that how I react to my circumstances is far more important that the circumstances themselves, and the people I surround myself with make all the difference. I live a truly blessed life despite my circumstances.

“though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inward we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen for what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal,” 2 Corinthians 4:16-18.

No comments:

Post a Comment