Sunday, January 1, 2023

New Year, New Focus, Trust Your Value

 


This morning as I reflected on the past year, I realized that no matter what came our way, what stuff I blogged about or the issues that Pax and I had in our life, those dang obstacles, a tad bit of stress here and there, and a few setbacks all came with a whole lot of blessings, that is for sure! I am grateful that we have another year to make a go of it.

One of my besties gave me a journal for 2023, I decided to make a list of things to let go from 2022 to make room for the things that are waiting for me in 2023, things that I may not have the chance to embrace without first letting go of other things to make room for these new opportunities.  Journaling is very important to my process of healing and my growth. Not everything makes my blog no matter how vulnerable I am or how much I want to share every detail of the process there are many things that are better left unsaid. The cover of the journal couldn’t be more aligned with one of my biggest self-reminders…trust your value…

My extensive list is definitely just for me, but I will share my short list, it includes, disappointments, relationships with people who take advantage of or don’t match my effort or time, horrible advice, habits that are useless, commitments that don’t support my alignment or values, things that inhibit my growth, fears about the future and most importantly things that are beyond my control that can bring me down by trying to fix them when I know I can’t, negative self-talk, and shadows.

Shadows, you say? What do you mean by that? Shadows to me are the things that linger around that might make you second guess your decisions; they also may be things that you are holding onto hoping they fix themselves or turn into something that they are not intended to be. This is a hard one. I don’t know how often in my mind I can create a scenario based on the way that I think something should turn out or 42 other ways that it might, lol, instead of just letting it go the way it is supposed to and enjoy the journey. As I have said before I am not an overthinker, I am a scenario creator and in 2023 I would love to work on creating less and just making the most of the process to get to how it is supposed to be by truly enjoying my journey.

A friend of mine posted yesterday about her word for the year and reminded me that for the last several years I have chosen a word for the following year to focus on. A lot of people choose to do this verses making a resolution that they may not keep. Let me tell you I haven’t ever been a huge advocate of making resolutions, especially those that I may not keep or could be easily broken, my focus… being better than I was the year before.

This year for Christmas my aunt gave me a Day Spring flip calendar entitled Focus- how one word a week will transform your life. I am super excited to incorporate this one word a week philosophy and dig deeper into my soul and discover what it is that I need to move forward in my process. The way it works is that Day 1 highlights scripture, 2 provides a focus tip for the week and how to activate it in your daily life, 3-6 allow you to lean in and learn how the word affects your world, and finally day 7 offers a final thought. I am excited to get into these reflections and use them to my advantage to enhance my experiences this year to my benefit while also helping others, which I truly believe is part of my calling.

I do have something in the works that I can’t wait to share with everyone if it works out and becomes part of what God has intended of me to do through all this heartache, trials and tribulations of my past.

Happy New Year to Everyone! I am excited for what 2023 will bring for Paxton and I, trying to keep my anxieties, apprehensions and fears to a minimum, being fully aware of my surroundings, living in my present moment, diligently manifesting the positives we want to come and allowing us to welcome new adventures as God works in our lives to help us discover more of our abundance and use our talents and knowledge to create a greater purpose for ourselves to serve others.

 


Here are a few of my favorite quotes from this past year that I want to incorporate into my Positive quotes vision board that I display in my closet and read every day.

 

I don’t know where I am going from here, but I promise it won’t be boring.

Life’s best moments usually happen unplanned.

Enjoy life now, this is not a rehearsal.

Maybe it won’t work out but maybe seeing if it does will be the best adventure.

There are two ways to be happy: change the situation or change your mindset toward it.

Give yourself permission to live a big life, step into who you are meant to be. Stop playing small, you are meant for greater things.

If you desire it, make space for it. Be strong enough to let go & wise enough to wait for what you deserve.

It will never be perfect, make it work.

There is a purpose for everyone you meet. Some people come into your life to test you, some to teach you, some to use you, and some to bring out the very best in you.

Remember that half the stuff you stress over isn’t even worth it.

And remember to choose to be grateful, see the good in all things, be kind, look for opportunities, love others and accept love from others! Be grateful today and always.

Happy New Year, may it be a time of truth, reflection, and growth for all of you!

1 comment: