Thursday, February 24, 2011

frustrations

Yesterday morning I woke up rather early about 3:15 to my usual 4:30 with thoughts in my head regarding medical bills that I was fighting and what my next step in the process would be to appeal these bills I didn't feel I was responsible for; So I didn't quite get as much sleep as I anticipated and I was already a little stressed upon waking. I was relatively on time yesterday to drop my son at my mother-in-laws on my way to work, I was driving thinking again about bills and the things that I had to do for the day, when to my surprise lights flashed behind me; REALLY, come on it is 5:30AM and no one on the road.. except the cop; so I pulled over and barely cracked my window, explained that I didn't really know what I had done wrong, I was on my way to the sitter and had a lot on my mind and was just driving, I was informed of going 58 in a 45, swallowed hard handed over my info and started balling the minute the cop walked away from my car, thinking to myself, was I really that wrapped up in what I was doing that I hadn't even glanced at my speedometer 2 miles away from my house; in the dark with my son in the car, was our safety really in my best interest? I was more upset at this then I think I was that I got pulled over. Long story short I got a warning and please drive safely ma'am when he returned, I thanked him and silently blessed him as I pulled away- needless to say I was 4 minutes late for work, changed my attitude and tried to go on with my day, I was presented with yet a few more obstacles at work that also dampened my mood and my confidence in myself- I left work to pick up my rental from my incident last week and ended up waiting for over 1 hour for a rental car and arguing with none other than the doctors office who coincidentally called to discuss my medical bill, the very one that started my day ever so early. I apologized if I took out anything on her but that I was frustrated and had been for the past 17 months trying to figure out this bill and not pay more than my fair share of what was owed, she would check into a little further and get back to me; Yay, I can worry less for a little while at least. I then went to show a condo (of course I was late due to the delay in the car- long story and not worth getting into) clients loved the property (of which the agent says was available). It was bank owned and of course when we went to put in an offer today, they had multiple offers. Hopefully ours will be good enough. Woke up about 5 times in the middle of the night last night, none of which was the fault of my kid, husband or dog... I just would become awake and look at the clock as if it were time to get up and start my day, when in fact it was like 10, 11, 1, 3.....so by the time it was actually time to wake up I was so dead tired, I really wish I had more sick days. I ended up praising the fact that my marriage has been great and things are starting to look up we are getting along fantastic and appreciating each other, really working as a team to a friend on my way home, just in time to come home to argue over something extremely stupid- which now a few hours later I honestly can't remember what it was.......
Oh the little things that can add up in a day and frustrate us all to heck. The minimal things that by themselves can seem not such big deals. But if any of you are like me when one little thing happens after another that just isn't in your game plan, it can really throw your mood off and set a negative tone for the day. I try to abide by the rule that you shouldn't sweat the small stuff and that you can't always control your circumstances but you can control your attitude! I think these are really good rules to live by, but I also think we are only human and every once in a while it is nice to just let it flow, the anger the frustration and self pity- throw it out there, get rid of it and move on- or take a nice hot bath and get a massage... .or in my case write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment