Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I work at a school, so now I guess I feel it is expected that I go to school, I'm book smart(even though I have always truly hated school) and probably should go but I am not really sure what is motivating me to do it except it looks good to move up or on paper, or other people think I should, or I think I should, but is there really desire there, do I have the passion that some of my students who would climb mountains and drive through ice storms, post in their hospitals and any other obstacle around them.... I could probably do it but I need to get better at what I am doing, not add something else to the mix.
I don't really need a Master's degree to write children's books, or write at all, or do real estate or sell Scentsy product, or mother a 16 month old all of which I am currently doing and did I mention the 11 hours away from home with my job, the 10 hours I spend in the car a week driving, that I am tired by 6:30 every night, I wake up at 4:30 every morning, and I am not sure I am motivated enough to do it to just do it with no end goal in site, why did I pick my program, not sure, it was the most interesting one... I did a part time gig with government, I have volunteered for non-profits, thought it may be more interesting to find out if I am meant to take that route?
Time is precious and I have a lot of other stuff going on right now. I just hate to quit especially after week 1. LOL! REALLY what was I thinking, someone snap some sense into me. I see all these other people do it, single mom's with 3 kids and 2 jobs... blah blah blah, and you know what I need to do is stop comparing myself to others... That is where I fall into the trap. I am not other people I am me, I should not let what other people do, what is good for them or what others think that I can do persuade me to do something that I really truly don't know why I am doing it.
I think that if I spend 1/2 as much time a week on one of my other projects instead of the time I am spending to study and go to school, I may just be a lot more successful and accomplish something.
I was listening this morning to a segment on the radio about a cause within, this is a new book that came out yesterday to help you find your purpose, the author stated that when you serve others you will find out what you are good at and what you are intended to do. You can not find out what it is that you are suppose to do to make more money, be more successful, it is when you give up these reasons for finding your purpose that you will find your true purpose. I really felt that was pretty profound and would love to share a little more, when I read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment