Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas angel

Every once in a while there is a person that comes along in your life that makes a light bulb go on inside your head. Someone who helps you realize you do make a difference. Someone who says something that really clicks in your mind and changes you forever. It isn't that you don't really know what they are saying, it isn't some new discovery that shapes you, it is just a reminder of who you are and what you stand for; a recognition of what is standing in the way of that person you truly are. They just reiterate to you and believe in you enough to make that difference or drive that you have simply bounce back, it is almost instantaneous. That little gesture or conversation can change your life for the better and those around you will be grateful. Those who are affected may not know exactly why the difference or the "old" you has returned, but believe me they will be grateful. I thank my Christmas angel for reminding me that life is about choices, that I can't fix every situation no matter how hard I want to or try, that I can't always be disappointed in myself if I can't fix it, I can't allow myself such a heavy burden of thinking others expect so much of me, then being so hard on myself when I can't deliver. Sometimes I can only add value, I can only be sincere, humble, genuine and I have to let go of the things that are beyond my control. May 2012 bring peace in my heart, kindness in my actions, compassion in my voice, patience in my teachings and much much more beautiful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment