Saturday, December 3, 2011

Continuing Calm

So the other night I received something in the mail that was pretty disturbing after I had already thought it was taken care of, and of course it was 5:07 pm and too late to call and question or straighten it out. Of course. How often does stuff like this happen and put us into a tizzy where we get upset and our brains get the best of us and we think the worst. I decided after getting a little upset of course that I would just wait until the next day because getting upset really wasn't going to fix or erase or give me the answers that night that I was looking for. I actually let it go, I fell asleep at a decent time and I didn't wake up bothered by it in the middle of the night. The next morning I did think of it again and had a little bit of anxiety, however on my way to work I told myself that I needed to just wait and then deal with the issue, if it was even an issue or a mistake. Getting worked up about it prematurely only depletes my energy and strength. The next day I was given the happy news that indeed it was a mistake and that I didn't have anything to further worry about. What a huge relief off my shoulders and a lot less energy that was depleted from me getting worked up over nothing. Don't get me wrong, I did get a little upset, but a lot less than I normally would. Sometimes there are many things in our life that are definitely beyond our control and depleted our energy whether it is premature or is really valid, still doesn't fix whatever the issue is that arises. So the next time you are faced with an issue and you can chose to worry yourself into anxiety or be patient and see if it is truly and issue and if not feel relieved and if it is then take the necessary steps to do what is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment