Tuesday, August 7, 2012

OWN it- guilt FREE

I can recognize that I have flaws and I have strengths and one of my flaws is that I will often times have a plan in my head and do not write it down or carry it out because I get distracted by all the other little things that pop up. I am a people pleaser and I often times let others dictate what it is that I do, from my child to my husband, my mom, friends in need, or clients that I feel I may "lose" if I don't jump when they call. This type of behavior can cause a person to become overwhelmed and discouraged when you have too much to do on a daily basis and you don't know how to organize or dictate when you are available for them. This can also cause you not to be as attentive or do as good of a job because you are easily distracted and may forget what you were working on when you did "jump".
Don't get me wrong family and God come first, but sometimes the money that you are trying to pursue in order to spend more money with your family can cause you to work harder to get it and you will please people that you don't need to along the way to get it, sometimes getting disappointed when it doesn't come and you wasted precious time on something that didn't pan out. As a Realtor that is the chance we take sometimes for our clients, in hopes that they will stay loyal, work with us or find what they need/want. However, the trick is is to be busy enough that they don't expect you to jump at every phone call, but don't be too busy not to follow up in a manner that is professional, timely but doesn't allow them to run your life. I think in the past I have felt guilty if I was doing something for my self and didn't give it up to help a client. I truly love helping people but I need to remember everything has limits. Whether I am going to a Dr. appointment, eating dinner with my family, taking my son to the museum or taking a 1/2 an hour to read a book that inspires me; I need to attend to the task at hand and call the person back, or schedule them for a time that is open for me.
We are in control of what we do, when and the choices we make to reach and achieve our goals. With a plan in place and a target in mind, I am set to make some great choices this week that will lead me on a path to success, while standing by all of my commitments to God, my family and my clients, while still giving quality service to all.

People are happy if they can do what they think is right without feeling guilty. Romans 14:22

No comments:

Post a Comment