Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Frustrations escape me-

So the thing is when you are frustrated, your life becomes frustrated, those around you tend to get frustrated and it makes for a rather negative atmosphere. Sometimes it is hard to always be the positive one, having to constantly remind yourself to be in a good mood, to turn around the negative and make it a positive, to be encouraging to others but also yourself. I am my biggest critic. I am the one that puts so much pressure on myself to perform to my expectations and sometimes it is hard to forgive myself when I can't seem to fit it all in or make something work. Catering to my family and work and letting go of my needs as a person. When I do take time out for myself, I feel guilty or like I have fallen behind in my day to day expectations that I think everyone else places on me. But do they? Or am I just being unrealistic of myself and placing these thoughts and words in other people's mouth because I am thinking they want me to perform a certain way. I go and go all day and by 8:00 I am exhausted. Waking up at 5 and getting out of bed at 6 to start the day with no interruptions. Sometimes I falsely schedule things that I think I can get done in a certain amount of time and then something pops up to crush my plan and makes me rethink my schedule and or course of action. Yes, I know that I am rambling but sometimes it is just good to get out the frustration as to be able to move on with the day and the tasks at hand. To let go and to reconvene- for a better start.
Today I will look at my schedule. I will prioritize my events. I will give myself more time than needed to complete things and if I get them done sooner- all the better.
A Realtor friend reminded me yesterday that:


“Imagine life is a game in which you are juggling five balls. The balls are called work, family, health, friends, and integrity. And you're keeping all of them in the air. But one day you finally come to understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls...are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered.”
-James Patterson, Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas.

No comments:

Post a Comment