Friday, July 19, 2013

Mind and body harmony

I woke up this morning and worked out. I am not a very consistent person when it comes to this. I can do it for a little while get on a kick and then something comes up that seems more important at the time and I get away from it. I really do despise working out. I loathe sweating and being sticky and the exercise induced asthma that comes over my lungs.... yuck why on earth does anyone put themselves through this? But I decided today would be a great day anyway. Whether it is the pounds gained, the frumpiness I have felt, the stresses with keeping deals together, health issues that our parents have been having, getting older and not feeling the energy as I once did, my child who I wish I had 1/3 of his energy or a multitude of things that possessed me, I really don't know. But I went ahead and did it. Why don't I do it every day? Sweaty, sticky and out of breath, I still feel better about myself when I am done. Why doesn't that part of my brain remember that when I make up the excuses to not work out? That I don't think I will ever know. But for today I feel satisfied. This week different events and circumstances have made me remember a few things to practice. Have Faith, Believe, Learn More, Not Everything is Urgent, SLOW Down, Enjoy Mind and body in harmony provide all the necessary strength for happy, healthy living. - Charmaine Saunders

No comments:

Post a Comment