Friday, January 20, 2017

Blessings of Clutter

For any of you who know me well know that I really can't stand clutter (well except for on my desk filled with papers in stacks where I swear to you I know where everything is! HA!) In my kitchen in my living room, in my sink... I really have learned in the last few years sometimes I am just too busy and I need to let it go... but I still get that achy feeling when stuff is lying around. On days that I am in too much of a hurry that I didn't have time to make my bed, it actually bothers me throughout the day that I didn't wake up an extra 5 minutes early to do so. But yesterday a friend of mine wrote about turning 30 and how letting go of certain things as we age helps us to appreciate the other things we have an opportunity to partake in... pick your battles RIGHT? as they say... If my house is a little messy once in awhile or there is stuff that just doesn't get put away immediately after each use... am I still me? Is my family still functioning? Are we so busy living our life that we are creating memories instead of constant friction with our children or spouse so that we are nagging to remind them to pick up after themselves! Is it worth the negative vibe or words or yelling or whatever you may do to stress their lack of concern for their mess? Ask yourself what is more important? The stress of constantly having to be tidy and presentable or enjoying time with your friends and family and doing what it is that makes you happy. Don't get me wrong... I am completely happy when I have a clean house. Living in the desert with family members, horses and 3 dogs..dirt is tracked in on a daily basis. But I will not take memories of dirt or a clean house to Heaven with me... Don't get so behind and overwhelmed that you live in constant dirt... but don't stress over the few items that may be out of place or cluttering up your living room floor. It means your child is engaging in toys that he has, or you ate dinner together and your dishwasher is full but just didn't have time to get to all the dishes that night. Make your family your priority not your counters or kitchen table. Will I still strive to keep a clean house, you bet I will that is just me, but can I relax and let it go sometimes? You bet I am working on that... EVERY DAY! Life is full of unexpected twists and turns you may not be prepared for ... Enjoy the people you love as if it is the last time you will see them... it just may be! Matthew 6:19 Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal

No comments:

Post a Comment