Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Shut Yesterday's Door

I had a recent occurrence that really made me question if I did everything I possibly could to help or if I could have done more. I was lied to and that really stung. I talked it through with a few close friends and played it over and over and over in my head. I even cried over it! I was struggling to "let it go." Last night a client of mine posted something on my social media wall that made me reassure myself that I can please some... but not everyone! Thanks Kristal. As long as I do my best, I cannot blame myself for someone else's expectations. I value myself as a good person who tries really hard to help everyone and do my best everyday at what I do. So often we can play over and over in our heads a situation that occurred. Normally it is something that goes wrong. We re-play it over and over again to see what we could have done differently, said differently, reacted differently to change or prevent a certain occurrence. However, doing this often adds to the stress we are creating for ourselves and we mentally conjure up things in our mind that may or may not even be true regarding how the other person views the situation. Being human this is going to happen, we as humans are often "fixers" and we want to be able to mend a situation or at least learn from our mistake. I have found that sometimes it isn't even something that we did wrong or didn't do that causes another person to react a certain way. It honestly just might be that person... so the next time you go blaming yourself for something that failed or didn't work out just know that if you did the best you could with what you have and were the best person you could be and that wasn't enough for someone else... it just may be them and not you. So mull over it a little, because you know you will. Then shut the door rise above the situation and move on to continue being the best you can be for all the other amazing people in your life who truly value your help. "shut the door on yesterday leave what happened in the grave you were made to rise you were made to shine Creation’s longing for the day for kings and queens to take their place you were made to rise you were made to shine" - Danny Gokey

No comments:

Post a Comment