Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Cultivate Optimism

I try hard not to make New Year's Resolutions that I will not keep. I see this happen over and over again to so many people. It is cliche the amount of people who make and break goals within such a short period of time. Is it because the goals are too far out of their reach? Do they get board with the goals they set? Are the goals sabotaged by something else that is going on in their life? Are they just really not committed? Do they really not want it bad enough? These are probably all reasons, whether single or combined that face a lot of people who make these resolutions. I do not want to be that person. I do not want to be disappointed in myself for not sticking to something that I say to others that I am going to do. Sometimes life gets in the way, goals change and circumstances hinder! Therefore this year I do not strive to make that specific goal but an in general resolution. I want to be a better person, not only to my family, my friends and my clients, I want to be a better person to myself. Because in all honestly that is where it starts... I am in control of my thoughts, my attitude and my actions. I can control these things even though I would like to sometimes blame circumstances that I cannot! This is simply not true, I CAN turn a bad day into a good one, I CAN smile at others when I am feeling blue, I CAN love others unconditionally, I can be happy despite my circumstances no matter hard it is, Happiness is a choice! Choose it. Make an effort to see the upside of a situation and surround yourself with positive people! Start today... don't delay... Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is. - Mandy Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment