Wednesday, December 29, 2010

5683 ya

On the radio on the way to work this morning, I heard a very enlightening story that made me feel that much closer to my little one. It is a true blessing that we receive the gift of another life that is a branch of our own. I am truly grateful for his presence in my life and cannot imagine how my life was so great before. Yes, I did have less sacrificing and more time on my hands and could get a lot more accomplished in half the time that it takes me now, but would I go back? Would I give it up or trade him for what I once had? For any amount of money or time? Are you kidding me... not in a heartbeat.
So they told the story of a little boy who was sick in the hospital in what they thought was diabetic coma, the Dr.'s and nurses were saying that they didn't think the little boy had much of a chance, the parents were disheartened by the thought of losing their child. The mother decided to leave the room for a little while to get a drink, and the next thing you know the nurse was chasing her down asking what 5683ya was, the mom had chills run down her spine and looked at the nurse in disbelief and the nurse asked again what 5683ya was? The mom proceeded to tell the nurse that her two boys as they were getting older and into many sports and extra curricular activities that they were sort of embarrassed when the mom left them and called out Love ya, so they came up with the code of 5683ya instead, it sounded way cooler than the traditional. 5683 spells love on the phone, and as the little boy was coming out of his coma he was repeating this over and over, his mom rejoiced in fresh tears and ran in to hug her son.
Isn't it amazing what love can do, what God's love can do for us. Show us the way, guide us, and remind us that our lives are truly blessed with many good things. He is constantly trying to tell us 5683ya in little ways every day! May you be refreshed in knowing that love is a very powerful thing that can truly bless us in every way every day. So spread some 5683 to others Everyday... you will be grateful you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment