Monday, January 10, 2011

Predictions

I often wonder how much of our lives is spent trying to predict things? I just finished updating my real estate blog. It is about time, a friend of mine made me realize over the weekend that I should never give up something I am good at or truly love. I should have more confidence in myself and my abilities.
Back to the predictability, so many of us spend time trying to predict the future, what will the weather be like tomorrow, how will our day go, what will the real estate market be like, what will our friend say if we say this, what will the answer be to our question asked, what will so and so's reaction be, what will my job be like, what will our kids look like, will be have a boy or girl? I could go on and on. Not quite sure what I gain from this, does it make us feel like we have more insight into our future, is it just fun to pretend we could know or expect what will happen next? Does it become more likely to happen the way we picture, dream or think that it will be? Perhaps we will it that way? Not quite too sure if it is coincidence or fate.
I will continue to believe that we are what we think we are, we can do what we think we can go, we can dream big and make things happen if we are determined to it. We can also have the opposite affect, the more we think we can't we can't because we some how convince ourselves for it to be true. So even though not all situations have positive outcomes, it is sure worth my while to believe that they will, because if I believe that they won't maybe just maybe I caused it to be that way. Some may disagree saying that being positive with a negative outcome is a lot more disappointing then thinking the worst and it not turning out so bad,
I say heck with thinking that is the worst or could be the worst. I truly believe if you try your hardest to believe in the positive outcome, something positive will manifest from it, whether it is actually what you want out of the situation or whether it is in someone Else's plan, you may not even recognize what your positive outcome is until much later on, but I do believe that things happen for a reason and I would rather that reason be after I give it 100% of what I have, then to think I just threw in the towel, decided at the get go it would be negative and then receive nothing for the experience.
So today I am thankful for all my experiences whether good or bad, that I find that one positive thing, whether a life lesson, a learning experience or just realize it was something that I thought I wanted or needed that just wasn't meant to be so, because something else was lurking on the horizon just beyond my reach at this time. My journey (remember life is a journey not a destination) will reveal something new and better to me I just need to get to it. I am thankful for others to find their way along their journey and be able to learn from their positive and negative situations. Tonight I am also thankful for a special someone to find what it is that they have lost, for it to come back to them in a pleasant and perhaps unexpected way, for the light to shine upon the new day and show them that even though it was once lost it is now found and they shall rejoice.
I am grateful for my talents, my renewed confidence in my abilities and that 2011 will allow me to soar to new levels, experience new things and enjoy the memorable ride my journey has in store.
"why is light given to him that is in misery, and life to the bitter in soul, who long for death, but it comes not, and dig for it more than for hid treasures;who rejoice exceedingly, and are glad, when they find the grave? Why is light given to a man whose way is hid, whom God has hedged in? For my sighing comes as my bread, and my groanings are poured out like water. For the thing that I fear comes upon me, and what I dread befalls me. I am not at ease, nor am I quiet; I have no rest; but trouble comes- Job 3:20-26
FAITH is the evidence of things not seen. - Hebrews 11:1 KIV
Change your thoughts and change your life!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! I too believe this year brings new awareness, the joy in knowing what we really want and who we are. Peace, joy, comfort, and love come in many different exteriors, leave it up to the heavens to decide which suites you best. Leave the possibilities open....

    ReplyDelete