Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Not so bad.

Okay so day 3 of my class and apparently I like to freak out a little sometimes. But heck I haven't went to school in 11 years and online school is NOT easy. There is really a lot of work involved to show that you are participating and actually earning your degree. I successfully received my very first star as you would say and I really think I can do this. I have a new found confidence from a reliable source one that will forever be embedded in my mind. And although I am not willing to share this revelation with the world, I can say this; it truly gives me the push I need to take hold of my dreams, to not give up. Those people who have been extremely successful in their ambitions have failed more times than can be counted, the difference between them and others is that they weren't willing to give up or take no for an answer, they had the confidence in themselves and believed in their ideas with their whole heart. That is what took them places.
It is the difference between my students who complain that the can't go to class because the had a cold for a week, or they missed an assignment due to a sick child or they were working two jobs or a lot of overtime, and those students who call and are in the hospital or had 2 deaths in their family in one week that still are able to somehow post and get their assignments in on time. It isn't that their circumstances are all that different or that one student is better able to handle stress then another. I truly believe that it comes down to DESIRE. The person who desires the outcome or believes that they will let nothing stand in the way of their dream is able to reach it. The student who doubts themselves or lets others influence their decisions are the ones that feel they need to go to school or someone is telling them that they should, their hearts are not in it and they don't have the passion for it, those are the ones who will not succeed. They will be more easily influenced by circumstance and obstacles that surround them.


"Because you're human, it is your nature to journey, to discover that what you've been looking for is all around you. Very often the grassy spot you seek is right under your feet. You just need to awaken to that knowledge that's hidden from your conscious mind. Yes, you're wearing ruby slippers and can go home anytime you like. For now, embrace this grand adventure."

Colette Baron-Reid
Author of The MAP: Finding The Magic and Meaning in the Story of Your Life

No comments:

Post a Comment