Tuesday, January 25, 2011

what was I thinking

Well, decided that if I work for a college, maybe I should go back to college, heck I have been there 18 months and could have had my master's degree about now, but I waited for the right time... what is the right time? Is there a right time? I am constantly listening to students belly ache about all the obstacles in their life they encounter preventing them from attending class or doing well. Today was officially my 1st day of class and let me tell you many things played a major role in my obstacles. I will definitely spare you the kid/pet details, I then emailed out football pools( I will have to send some more tomorrow), looked up rentals for 2 people and houses for another- so now I am writing along on my blog and then I will go to class. Wow the convenience of online school. How great anytime/anywhere... but I was literally exhausted at the dinner table at 6 and ready to go to sleep, it is now 9:15 and I have to read a chapter, post a BIO and think of what to answer for a Discussion Question, life isn't as simple as it was when I was earning my Bachelor's degree almost 11 years ago, no husband, no house, no kids, no pets, no full time job with a 2 hour commute per day.
I am grateful for the opportunity to go to school. For the country I live in. For the rights that I have. For the support of friends and family no matter what my decision is and what I pursue. For crazy times and peaceful times. For examples of others of what to do and not to do, for knowing my limits, and pushing them when it counts, for my fear of failure but ability to charge against it, knowing I have tried.
Here is to the next 6 weeks, whatever it may involve, because as I tell my students, 18 months will go by quicker than you think and it is such a short period of time in your life for the end result.... yay Dani... good advice. (insert eye roll)

No comments:

Post a Comment