Thursday, April 14, 2011

believe in yourself

How often do we let ourselves think that we can't do something, that we aren't good enough or we don't deserve it. This is truly an every day occurrence in a lot of situations we come across. How quick we are to get defensive when someone criticizes what we are doing, or makes a suggestion for a better way. In our own way we believe what we are doing is right, we are doing what we have always done, or working for the better. Is it really that shocking that we tend to close up, to shut down to feel we are a lesser being, we someone makes us feel smaller than we think of our self? Whether it be at home, at work, with a friend, somehow, someway, each day we experience some sort of criticism from ourselves or someone else, that draws us a little further away from that dream, that hope that we had of our own form of success. When instances like these happen repeatedly we often lose faith in our own ability to accomplish something. It is hard to defeat someone who has taken up residence inside your head.

We often give up that hope that faith that we do not see yet somehow at some point thought we could reach. No matter your dream, if you think it possible you can make it possible. Successful people pay more attention to their own goals and visions than the opinions of others around them.

"People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success."

~ Norman Vincent Peale ~


Tonight I am thankful for my inner cheerleader, my will for success, my drive, my ambition, my family, their support, my desire to help others, my faith and my spirit. May tomorrow bring many blessings and may I prosper and grow into the person I knew I could always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment