Tuesday, April 19, 2011

opportunity

Have you ever been searching for an opportunity to do something that you have always wanted? A door to open and someone to say "hey this is what you've been searching for." "Come and get it." I think many of us on a day-to-day basis are looking for that sign, that opportunity to knock us over the head and say "look at me, look at me." Your future destiny knocking at your door.
Often times I think as we are searching for that something we often fail to see the something that is searching for us because we are too busy looking behind or ahead to see what is right in front of us. Helen Keller put it best, "When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."We are so busy living in the past or searching for the future that the present moment passes us by and we lose out on now.
As I continue to develop my competencies at my current job and in my life, I am finding ways and seeing how paying attention to the now instead of how I react to the past or worry about the future is really starting to help me be conscience of the present and give my commitment to the task or situation at hand. In turn this allows me to have more control over the situation and better equip to handle it. Relieving me just a little bit from my stress and anxieties caused by living in the past or the future.
An excerpt from one of my favorite books Mr. Everett's Secret, reads: Before you climb the ladder of success, be sure you have it set against the right wall.
This is amazingly true, you may be good at a lot of things, you may not sure what you are searching for and therefore you will stumble upon a lot of false hopes trying to find the thing that is suited for you. Stick to what you are good at, be confident in what you know, don't be afraid to take a leap or make a change but be sure it is what you want first.

No comments:

Post a Comment