Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Passion

What is your passion, what drives you to do the things you do? to keep you going every day? I can say that my family is my passion. That I love the time I spend with them, the memories I create. It doesn't matter what we do just that we are together. The more time I have to spend with them the more I appreciate what I do have. I am blessed with many things in my life that I do take for granted.
When I have a passion for something, I think it makes a lot of difference not only in my attitude but in my approach to any given situation. I may not have the ideal dream job that I am wanting, but the minute that I realized that I could find a passion for what I am doing, which in actuality is helping others, I took it and ran with the notion, the buy in that I am in some small way making a difference in other people's lives. Today I had a student tell me that if it wasn't for my encouragement, my belief in her success, she would have probably given up and failed two classes, she thanked me for my kind words and making a difference in her life, from saving her money and the repeat of two courses, and her time. I was genuinely tickled at her reaction and her kind words. When people are appreciative of what I do every day it reminds me that I do make a difference, no matter how small, and that is what drives me to be passionate about what I do every day, whether it is where I want to be at this moment in time or not, it is where I am and I should make the most of it. The buy in, the positive attitude, the confidence no matter how small are driving me to be successful and good at what I do, that may make all the difference in where I go.
In every single moment, we have the choice to be happy or not. No matter what is going on, we can choose to focus on what is right, what is good and whole in ourselves and our lives, and what options we have in any given situation. In other words, we can choose to be happy no matter what.” ~MJ Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment