Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Work on yourself change starts here

How often do I catch myself reliving what someone else should have said or done. IE: what I would have said or done.  I hope this is human nature and we all catch ourselves doing this from time to time, or on a daily basis to an extent. We often blame how someone else acts or speaks saying what we should have/would have done in that situation. Reasoning with our minds how another person should act/speak. But isn't that the beauty of being individual, of each one of us having different talents, thoughts and personalities.
We do not control what others say or do no matter how hard we think we can influence them. They are their own person just as we are. We cannot take responsibility for how another person speaks/acts or interacts with others. We cannot judge someone or make them speak or act in a way that suits us.
Not everyone has the same idea's, beliefs or thoughts as we do. Therefore it is unfair to group everyone into the same category, ethical or moral space, and we cannot push any sort of belief, change or lifestyle on those who are not accepting. One has to be willing and want to change in order to accept something new, be passionate about it and move toward a desired lifestyle.
I need to start with me. I need to be willing to accept others as they are. Be an example of what I wish to see in others, open up my beliefs to allow for all that life has to offer, pay attention to others visions and goals and help them develop themselves most effectively, praise the positive and change my attitude and mind. I cannot change others unless they are willing to change. I cannot accept responsibility for what others do or say especially adults. I can only be responsible for my actions, thoughts and words.
In order to raise my ability to most effectively treat others with respect, kindness and love. This week I am going to test myself by keeping a journal of all the things that those closest to me do positive. Reflected on the good in my life and not the things that I would do differently or change. I am hoping that by being grateful and praising the good that more good comes and that slowly the negative things or the things that I would change would not be an issue or as noticeable as when those are the things that are concentrated on. I especially need this with myself and therefore I am going to include myself in my journal. I know that I am my worst critic and my self talk can be very negative. Starting with myself this week and including those around me, I hope to see the changes unfold for a most positive and uplifting week ahead.
As the saying goes, you can't always change your circumstances but you can change how you look at them and your attitude.
Be the change you wish to see in the world. Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment