Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Blog Hop?

I was recently invited to do a Blog Hop. What is a Blog Hop? That is the same question that I asked. Sherry who asked me to do this with her, answered these same questions on her blog about her "next big thing" calling it "Roots" at this time while in the process of writing. You can read and then hop over to the next author from this email and read about them. So therefore it is blog hopping.
 
 
I am hoping that I will be able to sell enough copies of Paxton and Mali Find Their Boat this year in order to go ahead with my next publication. I was able to make my first one happen with help from family and friends pre-selling copies as well as a small loan from some friends! I hope to not have to do that again to make #2 in the series happen. I am looking forward to 2013 and hitting up as many schools as I can to sell the 5000 copies I will need to make this happen. Looking forward to any friends and family connections at the local schools to get me in to do presentations or local author reads to the kids. Talk about writing and kids goals and dreams. Grade levels Pre-K- 2nd make this a perfect opportunity to promote, sell and share my story.  And by local meaning have car will travel. Anywhere in the state.
 
Here is my "Next Big Thing"
 
What is the working title of your book?
Paxton and Mali Go To The Lake

Where did the idea come from for the book?
After having my son I was inspired to break into the author realm with Children's books and work my way up to a novel eventually.
Book #1 of the Series-
Paxton and Mali Find Their Boat
In book #2 they go to test their boat at the lake.
What genre does your book fall under?
Sports/Recreation - Children's

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
This would be cute, I do believe that mine would definitely fall under the cartoon range, but my son and my friend's little girl who I modeled the character's after would probably be good choices to turn into the cartoon characters. I am thinking a cartoon series that would fit well on Disney.
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Paxton and Mali let their imaginations roll as they take there next adventure to the lake where they test out the new boat they "bought" in book #1.
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
More than likely an agency I am not an illustrator and I loved what my current publishing company did with the ideas and photos I gave them for the illustrations. I think the characters and colors truly pop!
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
 probably 1/2 of a 3 hour car trip I dictated it to my mom and she wrote it down while I was driving.
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I want to say like Berenstain Bears! Think big right?
Who or What inspired you to write this book?
My son Paxton, my love of fishing growing up and my husband Steve who loves to fish and whose Bass boat the book's boat is modeled after.


What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
The books explore a child's imagination, tell a simple story of girl teaching boy how to fish. Every book will have a watermark copy of my son's hand on the back!  
 
 I had the opportunity to meet up with a new author by meeting her sister in law at a local craft fair! I am glad that I was able to be introduced to her and her work. Meet Sherry Rossman and check out her books at http://sherryrossman.wordpress.com
 
Her new book is available at Amazon for the Kindle- hard copy coming soon! http://amzn.to/Z3bcwP
The GuardiansThe Guardians watch, help, and serve as warriors for the King of Kings. Most cannot see these mysterious angels, but Goodwin cat can. Join him today as he shows how they work in the lives of his family and all children.
For children 4-10

Remember to let me know if you have an event at your child's school or I can set up a time to meet with your children's teacher or principal to discuss what I can do for the school.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment