Monday, August 19, 2013

Mint Apple Jelly

This morning went a little crazy. Working on some real estate stuff after I woke up trying to have a productive week ahead, I lost track of time and woke Paxton up a little later for preschool than I wanted to. He exclaimed "I have to go to school, AGAIN?" He wanted to 'play' for 5 minutes (which in his mind 5 minutes is eternity), I needed to take a shower and get ready for an appointment. Making my super long list for the day I was overwhelmed not only looking at it but writing it. Can I shove it all in? What can I delegate. After my shower as my 3 year old serenaded me with his guitar and I had to announce the performer (him) and sing along, I quickly had him brush his teeth, made him a peanut butter and mint apple jelly sandwich (his and daddy's favorite but a little not so common or expected choice by many); filled up his thermos to which he said he preferred a bottle of water- couldn't find a permanent marker to mark his bottle for school- ah, Found IT! Move on- I then then went in his room to grab him some clothes to get ready and out the door. Upon reentering the kitchen the dog had not only got in the garbage can to pull out last nights dinner but yesterday's coffee grounds I dumped this morning on top of that. They couldn't just fall right onto the tile, too easy for me to clean up, they had to dribble all the way to the shaggy area rug in the middle of my living room floor and somehow fall just right that even the vacuum had a hard time sucking around the long twisty fibers! Paxton got dressed and brushed his teeth and hadn't touched his sandwich, he couldn't find the hat he wanted to wear and after searching all over the house he finally picked another, (train hat- too cute and made me smile amidst all this chaos) and then dumped his sandwich walking out the door, now full of dog hair and crying to make him a new one. I had him quickly put the dogs up and made him a new sandwich leaving the bread, and goods all over the counter to clean up later. Half ready myself with not much time to come back and spare,(luckily his preschool is 2 miles away) I took him to school to drop off where we dropped his bottle of water in the car apparently and he wouldn't let me leave holding on for dear life that he "needed" me to stay today. After excusing myself to go find his water that he had to have (I shouldn't be complaining right it is a good thing he will drink water), I had the preschool teacher's husband who was outside take the bottle back up so I wouldn't get stuck there again. Is it Monday???? I guess so! So I am reminded of one of my favorite tunes by Francesca Battistelli entitled "This is the Stuff". When I am running around and rushed even if my intentions were good or I thought everything would fall into my time crunch things come up. Unexpected things throw you off, you throw your day into a slew of could be crazy spiral and out of control events. I am reminded to stop and breath, pray and thank God for all my blessings, no matter how crazy no matter how small. I am here on earth blessed with a healthy family, a home and loved ones that I truly care about and care about me. Life is Good. I lost my keys in the great unknown And call me please 'cause I can't find my phone This is the stuff that drives me crazy This is the stuff that's getting to me lately In the middle of my little mess I forget how big I'm blessed This is the stuff that gets under my skin But I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing Might not be what I would choose But this the stuff You use 45 in a 35 sirens and fines While I'm running behind Whoa ho ho This is the stuff that drives me crazy This is the stuff that's getting to me lately In the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I'm blessed This is the stuff that gets under my skin But I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing Might not be what I would choose But this the stuff You use So break me of impatience Conquer my frustrations I've got a new appreciation It's not the end of the world Whoa ho ho ho Oooooh This is the stuff that drives me crazy This is the stuff Someone save me In the middle of my little mess I forget how big I'm blessed This is the stuff that gets under my skin But I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing Might not be what I would choose But this the stuff You use Whoa whoa ho ho This is the stuff You use.

No comments:

Post a Comment