Friday, March 18, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness

Have you ever had someone do something for you that was kind but unexpected? Have you ever done something for someone and they didn't even know it was you? How about for a complete stranger?
On my way to the zoo this morning I decided that since I had given up coffee for lent I deserved a yummy Soy Chai Latte from Starbucks; A Venti nonetheless. I went through the drive thru, when I approached the window the lady smiled really big and said, here you go have a nice day the lady in the vehicle in front of you paid for your drink... I looked at her and said " you are kidding right? Did she know me?" She said no, she just paid for it. Wow, I was speechless. I was on the phone with my husband at the time that couldn't believe it either. I silently said a prayer and blessed the lady for having such a kind heart. I truly felt blessed. It really amazes me in this day and time that someone would be so nice as to do this for me. Why was I the lucky one? I decided that it was not for me to question, just to add to my list of things to be grateful for and to pay it forward someday.
Og Mandino's Rule Ten of a Better Way to Live states:
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet, friend or foe, loved one or stranger, as if they were going to die at midnight. Extend to each person, no matter how trivial the contact, all the care and kindness and understanding and love that you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment