Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wow, what a day! I could have totally had it be a crappy one for the start that I had. Apparently something is wrong with my alarm, my husband didn't set his and I planned to wake up at 4 to do a little cardio workout before work. Paxton fussed a few times in the middle of the night and the dog had to go out so my sleep pattern was interrupted more than a few times. I guess the odds were against me, or maybe in my favor when I woke up startled to face the clock that said 5:28 AM, someone must have thought I needed a little more sleep time! Granted my alarm clock is about 10 minutes fast but I usually leave the house at 5:35 AM so 5:18 doesn't allow for much time to get ready. I somehow was able to get dressed, pull my hair in a ponytail, shove some lunch in my lunch bag and get out the door by 5:45 only 10 minutes later than normal. I made it to work makeup-less but somehow only 8 minutes late. I had to be grateful that I wasn't too late, I got there safely and in a pretty decent mood. I am trying to begin to realize that there are certain things that we can't fix, re-do or change. It is what it is and we have to accept it and look forward. I was proud of myself for remaining calm and not letting it ruin my day. My husband made it to work exactly on time for him, YAY!
I had a great day at work. I started my day off with my friend who loves to keep me in check of my attitude and emotions and I of hers. We have been doing daily worksheets and lists to keep us in check of our lives and our emotions and allow us to focus on our daily tasks rather than outside circumstances, not only to be productive employees but also personally grateful for the things we do have.
Once a week we do a Questions to ask myself daily worksheet, this helps to focus on what we are doing in our life to bring about the things we want the most. Other days we just make lists like why we have enough or why we deserve more. Today our list was: The things we liked most about our self? It is really hard to answer this question at times I think. Sometimes we are too modest, sometimes to conservative and sometimes feel to embarrassed to share with others how we truly feel about ourselves not wanting to look egotistical or self centered. I think we don't boost ourselves up enough. Frankly sometimes I think I am awesome and I should! I work hard and I need to remember to believe in myself, believe in my abilities, believe that God has planned for me to do great things with my life and be grateful that I am here to do these things. As I said last night on my face book page, it is never to late to be what you might have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment