Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 29 of 365

I received a great quote today in a email at work and it seems to go along with the reoccurring theme of my blog.

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to

me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the

education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than

what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance,

giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The

remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will

embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact

that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only

thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am

convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And

so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”- Charles R. Swindoll


I think that if every day we strive to improve our attitude just a smudge we can be a better person for it. We can not change other people, but we can surely improve ourselves and set good examples for others. I strive to maintain a positive attitude to be pleasant and uplifting to those around me and to not let things bother me that are beyond my control. I chose to show my son this amazing person that I am and will become and to help him grow up to be a amazing adult. I may not be able to make him the best 2 year old or 10 year old, but I can coach him and love him and set an example so that he grows into a caring and wholesome adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment